John Snow Inc. (JSI) provides research and consulting on healthcare to underserved people and communities around the world. MP redesigned their headquarters at 44 Farnsworth Street in Boston’s Seaport District to make better use of the space, converting the majority of large, private offices into flexible workstations. Additionally, MP identified the need for a welcoming common space and café.
- The new design provides efficient space utilization and a flexible floor-plan that reflects how work is performed now and in the future. The reconfigured plan and new amenities add to the overall experience for staff and employees by providing the following:
- Remaining offices have been relocated away from exterior windows to provide better access to daylight.
- A new café is a significant upgrade that can now accommodate multiple uses.
- A green, living wall is provided to promote a sense of well-being through biophilic design.
- Updated mechanical and electrical systems provide greater comfort while also consuming far less energy.
- Added a sound masking system to provide acoustical privacy in the much more open floor plan.